monit 4.9 sendmail failure

From: John Meyer
Subject: monit 4.9 sendmail failure
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:41:39 -0500

Is anyone having problems with sendmail in monit 4.9?  Here's what I get in /var/log/syslog:

Cannot open a connection to the mailserver '127.0.0.1:25' -- Transport endpoint is not connected

Sendmail is up and running just fine on the system.  I can send and receive emails, yet when I truss monit, I see an ECONNREFUSED when it tries to issue a connect on port 25.  My monitrc file looks like this:

### Global Settings options
set daemon 120
set init
set logfile syslog
set mailserver 127.0.0.1
set alert address@hidden only on { nonexist }
   mail-format {
      from: address@hidden
   subject: $SERVICE $EVENT on $DATE
   message: Monit $ACTION $SERVICE on $DATE on $HOST.

   The file $SERVICE $EVENT on $DATE.

   If the file does not exist then it will need to be recreated.
   The system will NOT automatically recreate the file.

   }

Thanks for your help,
John

It’s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips Check it out!