Process resource monitoring on Mac

From: Yogi
Subject: Process resource monitoring on Mac
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:00:23 -0800

Hello Moniters!

I'm running Monit 4.9 on Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Intel) and get the following error:

kvm_open: : /dev/mem: No such file or directory
system statistic error -- cannot initialize kvm interface
system statistic error -- cannot initialize the process tree =>
process resource monitoring disabled

It looks like Apple is phasing out support for /dev/mem and the Intel
version of Tiger does not have it by default. It can however be
enabled using a kmem=1 boot-arg. So I was wondering if this is the
only workaround to get resource monitoring working or is there another
way?

Thanks,
- Yogi