Re: install mysql check in monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: install mysql check in monit
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:23:51 +0100

Can you snoop/tcpdump the network traffic for localhost:3306/tcp, run monit with -v option and send the output from both tcpdump and monit?

Thanks,
Martin

Maravelias Marios - Tophost Internal wrote:
Hi Martin,

yes the mysql server is listening to 3306 port. see this:

root /# telnet localhost 3306
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
8
4.1.20-logч|F&(8}4%,\#7+opf.P(t2Connection closed by foreign host.

O/H Martin Pala έγραψε:
You need to set the configuration according to your mysql configuration (my.cnf) - is your mysql listening on localhost:3306/tcp? Or maybe just on unix socket?

Martin

Maravelias Marios - Tophost Internal wrote:
Hello, I have monit running for check and monitoring http.
It works fine.
To day I tried to install monitor for mysql database too.
I added these lines at /etc/monitrc file:

check process mysqld with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
group mysql
start "/etc/init.d/mysqld start"
stop "/etc/init.d/mysqld stop"
if failed port 3306 then restart
if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

in the web interface I see this:

*Process*

*Status*

*Uptime*

*CPU*

*Memory*

mysqld <http://grserver.gr:2828/mysqld> Connection failed 37m 3.4% 5.8% [122288 kB]

Why do I get connection failed? how do I fix that?

Thank you.

ttp://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monit-general