Re: Checking service with timeout and for 3 cycles

From: J. Félix Ontañón
Subject: Re: Checking service with timeout and for 3 cycles
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:41:21 +0100

That was my conf. file on 4.8.1:
=================================

#
# ... a lot of comment ...
#

check process my_service with pidfile "mypidfile"
 start = "start_program"
 stop = "stop_program"
 if failed port 10000 with timeout 120 seconds for 3 times within 5 cycles then
restart
 alert address@hidden

/etc/monit> monit -t monitrc
/etc/monit/monitrc:391: Error: syntax error '3'

I downloaded and compiled 4.2.8 and it simply worked with this conf nor
4.8.1

Sincerely thanks for your help! monit it's what exactly i was looking
for!