Re: Monit displays "not monitored" for services it fails to start - [NEW

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit displays "not monitored" for services it fails to start - [NEWSENDER] Message is from an unknown sender
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:05:27 +0100

OK, make sense, i think we should modify the 'unmonitored' state after timeout to distinguish it from user requested service unmonitor.

Martin

Qi Lu wrote:
Hi Martin and Marcus,

Thank you very much for quick reply. Yes, that is what I mean. I used 'if 3 restarts
within 5 cycles then timeout'. Within first 3 cycles, if Monit fails to start
application, it displays 'Execution failed', after 3 tries, it displays "not
monitored".
Because there is no people monitor the console all the time, it is helpful to
display either 'failed to restart' or 'timeout' to distinguish intending not
monitor, especially for different administrators.

Qi