Re: Unmonitoring Files

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Unmonitoring Files
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:17:11 +0100

Hi,

the unmonitor action was broken - it is fixed in cvs version. You can get it here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=monit

The second mentioned problem (double restart action) was introduced in monit-4.8.1 and is fixed in cvs as well.

Changelog excerpt:

--8<--
BUGFIXES:
* Fix the unmonitor action. Thanks to Jeffrey Gelens for report.

* Fix the extra restart action which was called by monit
  in addition to user requested start action of stopped
  process. This didn't occured in the case that the 'every'
  statement was used on the service definition as well. Thanks
  to Aaron Scamehorn for help.
--8<--

Thanks,
Martin

James wrote:
Hello everyone,

I did a quick search in the archives but I didn't seem to find anything. My situation is as this: I am using monit to monitor an apache error log for the word "Segmentation". Sometimes a Segmentation fault occurs, but only once. Other times, each apache child Segfaults and fills up the log with many messages. When the log fills up with such messages, monit ends up emailing me for every time it matches "Segmentation". I thought putting the action as unmonitor would make it stop searching for the word Segmentation after its first hit, but it continues searching the file anyways. The end result is *a lot* of emails in my inbox.

Is there any way to change this behavior? The goal would be for monit either to just email me once and stop monitoring until I intervene (or better yet, restart apache but it ends up restart apache too many times as well). Any thoughts?

-- james