Re: [4.5] Using fqdn

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [4.5] Using fqdn
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:38:28 +0100

Hi,

monit is using the gethostname() which is used for HELO smtp command, thus it should contain the same info as `uname -n`. When you will set the hostname to the fully qualified name on the system level, it should work.

Martin

Martin Schröder wrote:
Hi,
my monit 4.5 on debian can not send mails because it doesn't use the
fqdn of the host it is running on (in the HELO), only the hostname,
and thus gets rejected.

Can I set the hostname somewhere in monitrc? mail-format has the fqdn.

Best