Re: monit dying with "hostname did not resolve"

From: Martin Schröder
Subject: Re: monit dying with "hostname did not resolve"
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:45:53 +0100

2006/12/19, Martin Pala <address@hidden>:
The question is, why your resolver isn't available during monit startup?

Don't know, maybe bind takes too long to start. I've changed the rc to
use the ip, but a hostname would be preferred.

Maybe we should change this behavior just to warning ... for example
when the user want's to start monit early as almost first service and
make it responsible for nameserver startup, then this check may make
problems.

Indeed.

Best