Re: Sending alerts only on failure, not on recovery

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Sending alerts only on failure, not on recovery
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:19:15 +0100

Hi,

monit doesn't allow to turn off the recovery event currently. It should provide the feedback that the service is up again so the admin can sleep in peace again ;) Maybe we can make the recovery alarm optional in the future monit versions.

You can also use some workarounds, such as set the mail server or client-side filter to remove the recovery message.

Martin

Chris Metcalf wrote:
I _love_ monit. Its been very handy and its saved my butt more than a few times.

Recently I set it up to email my blackberry with a specially formatted
message for critical failures, so that it "pages" me and I can
manually verify that everything is OK. Its great, except for the fact
that I end up actually getting two alerts - one when the problem
occurs and one when its cleared. Thats kind of annoying.

Is there any way to set up a particular alert to only be sent on the
failure state and not the recovery state?

I'm running monit 4.8.1 on Debian.

Thanks,