Re: problem with cpu user on linux, 4.8.2

From: Aleksander
Subject: Re: problem with cpu user on linux, 4.8.2
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:59:59 +0200

Replying to myself, sorry.

I thought about this a bit and maybe the problem is, that monit checks for cpu user usage on ANY of the cores, not the average that top shows by default. "1" shows each core and one of the cores might have really been at 90+, but that's OK by me, when the other 3 cores were mostly idle. The box was not overloaded.

So how does it behave exactly, I didn't find this in the manual.

Thanks,
        Alex