Re: monit display/servlet question

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit display/servlet question
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:16:19 +0100

On 30. nov. 2006, at 00.24, Ashley Graham wrote:

http://smarterfish.com/etc/mockups/monit.htm

Interesting. What do others think?

My thoughts

a) Yes I'm not a designer, but isn't this a rather bleak design? I miss colors and eye candy :) I also miss visual cues such as pajamas strips to make it easier to read e.g. lists.

b) I also miss status color codes in the overview list so users with glance can see services that have problems such as in http:// www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/shoots/monit_httpd.gif

c) What is the rationale for putting everything on one page? It is an interesting idea and I like it, not only because we can compete with the http://worlds-highest-website.com/ but because it is simpler to implement and may be faster to browse.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland