Re: Monit default port for protocol testes

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit default port for protocol testes
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:57:38 +0100

There is currently no support for setting the client source port of the network test (you can set just the target port) => kernel will choose dynamicaly from the pool.

To support this feature, it will be needed to implement optional specific bind on the source port, which probably should be quite easy.

Possible syntax for example (to check the server/target port 5000 with client/outgoing port 10000):

--8<--
 check host myhost with address 1.2.3.4
   if failed port 5000 with sourceport 10000 then alert
--8<--

Martin

Jose Silva wrote:
Hi I'm doing some testing to see if I can use monit to test a SIP
server at the protocol level.
But I haven't found what is the default port for the monit client or
if I can force a default port, or if I can have acess by some form to
the port monit is using.
I need this port because for the SIP protocol it is necessary to
insert this info on some of it's headers, this so the response can
come back to the port that request went out from.

Is this possible or any idea how I can do this?

Thanks in advance

Joe