How to configure Monitoring on Remote host

From: ashok
Subject: How to configure Monitoring on Remote host
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:02:58 +0530

Hi Frnds,

  Im new monit user J

  I have configured it and works fine on local machine.

  Can some one provide me examples for monitoring services on Different hosts like I have 20 servers running with different services.

  I have tried putting these entries in monitrc file.

 check host mail.examp.com with address 206.13.200.66

    if failed icmp type echo count 3 with timeout 3 seconds then alert

    if failed port 25 protocol smtp with timeout 15 seconds then alert

    if failed port 110 protocol pop with timeout 15 seconds then alert

    if failed port 3306 protocol mysql with timeout 15 seconds then alert

    if failed url

       http://mail.examp.com

       then alert

But when I visit http://ipaddress:2812/   I don’t see that new entry , I could see only system & process.