Re: Monit PID check

From: Olivier Kaloudoff
Subject: Re: Monit PID check
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:37:21 +0200 (CEST)

Alexander wrote:
  On busy system, when a lot of short-living processes is created, and
  with random PIDs, it could happen that same PID will be assigned to
  new process within one minute when the old one is finished.

Ever encountered that? I don't remember seeing a PID larger than 30000, don't know what the limit is. Unsigned integer maybe?

Yes, nearly. I have worked on a Sun 10k, 16 cpu, where maxpid
was +1000 each second. I think the pid goes back to 0 after 32767