Re: Monit reliability in monitoring Apache

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monit reliability in monitoring Apache
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:12:00 +0200

On 17. jul. 2006, at 19.33, Mike Robertson wrote:

I am seeing the same thing every time monit checks httpd, I first thought it was a resource limit, but on further checking its not. It is only happening
on one of my machines running RHREL 4.

Thanks, this is helpful. It is this test right;

  if failed port 80 protocol http then restart

and if you remove this test from the control file the alert problem goes away?

Did you build monit from source on RHREL 4 or installed via rpm? If no, could you please try and build monit from source on RHREL 4 and check if the problem goes away?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255