Re: monit-general Digest, Vol 42, Issue 7

From: Peter M. Abraham
Subject: Re: monit-general Digest, Vol 42, Issue 7
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:56:14 -0400

Greetings Jan-Henrik:

check process apache
    with pidfile "/hsphere/local/var/httpd/logs/httpd.pid"
    start program = "/hsphere/shared/scripts/apache-restart force"
    stop program = "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop"
    if 4 restarts within 7 cycles then timeout
    if children > 255 for 5 cycles then alert
    if cpu usage > 95% for 5 cycles then alert
    if failed port 80 protocol http then restart
    if loadavg (1min) > 5 then restart

RE: On a regular basis, though the frequency varies, we will get an email alert from monit stating the following:

        'apache' process is not running

Yet, when we log onto the server, Apache is running, the pid file present where the pid file is supposed to be, and the PID in the pid file is what's running in the process tree.

What can be done so that Monit doesn't lose the Apache connection if the pid file is present, the PID within the pid file correct, and live in the process tree?