(no subject)

From: Andre Creutz
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:53:11 +0200

Hi,

Some of my server are a 64Bit RedHat 4 Ent. Systems. I installed monit
version
---------------------
monit -V
This is monit version 4.8.1
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 by the monit project group. All Rights Reserved.
--------------------
from rpm.

I want to monitor the content of a file with
--------------------
 check file ntp.stat with path /etc/monit/ntp.stat
   if match "unsynchronised" within 62 cycles then alert
--------------------

Here is the content of the file
--------------------
synchronised to NTP server (192.168.2.1) at stratum 3
   time correct to within 222 ms
   polling server every 128 s
-------------------

Monit summary | grep ntp shows every time
------------------
Process 'ntpd'                      running
File 'ntp.conf'                     accessible
File 'ntp.stat'                     Regex match
-----------------

Then i tried
check file ntp.stat with path /etc/monit/ntp.stat
   if not match "synchronised" within 62 cycles then alert
With the same result

I can do what i want, the Regex match any time on all 64Bit Systems

At the 32Bit Systems the same ntp monitoring is working without any problem.

Any Ideas?

Best regards
Andre