Re: Need information

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Need information
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:42:57 +0200

Monit will first call the stop program for B if A failed ... the stop program can send the signal to B instead of stopping it for example by using 'pkill -USR1 B'. Then the A will be restarted and afterwards the start program for B called.

Martin

kapil gupta wrote:
Hello,
I have been very impressed with the capabilities provided by Monit. I have a scenario, need to know whether Monit can support this Suppose monit has started two processes A & B such that B has dependency on A. Now, if process A goes down can monit send a signal (SIGUSR) to B so that B can wait for A to come up and once A is up it can re-initialize the connections with it. Is it possible that monit instead of sending alert message could send a signal to a particular process ? Regards, Kapil