Check file if match

From: Andre Creutz
Subject: Check file if match
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:16:15 +0200

Hello,

I try to monit (with monit 4.8.1) ntp.

Function, pid, Port and Connection runs without a problem. But now i try to
check the file /var/log/messages for some ntp-entries, like an offset-alert
like:
Jun  2 12:37:20 creutz ntpdate[12230]: step time server 82.219.3.129 offset
0.051347 sec

An i try it with:

-----------schnipp------------------
 check file messages with path /var/log/messages
   if match "offset" then alert
-----------schnapp------------------

Ok,ok it works. But....
It works for ever. I want to say if monit finds one "offset" it alerts
forever.

Here my Question:
Is there any thing like
If match "offset" is older than X Minutes or X Seconds then ignore the older
matches.

Sorry about my english (beleve my my german is bettter - grin)

Thannks an

Best Regards

Andre