Re: Actions based on time of day?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Actions based on time of day?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:35:27 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

On 23. mai. 2006, at 18.19, Mike Jackson wrote:

Is it possible to have monit decide it's actions based on the time of day?

For example I have a nightly script that runs and kicks CPU load up
high causing monit to alert, but since its expected between 02:00 and
02:10 it creates a false alert therefore I want to instruct monit not
to alert about CPU load between these times.

Can I do this in the current release? If not is this a feature that
could be added?

I'd love to see this feature too. I use a homebrew Perl script to rotate Apache's logfiles, and one of the things I have to do in it is tell monit to unmonitor Apache until the rotation is done. It would be nice to be able to set something like this in monitrc for a process:

if timeofday 0400-0410 then unmonitor

This is a good idea! If the other commiters agree I'll put it up on our todo list.

+1