dependent processes starts simultaneously

From: Stanisław Trytek
Subject: dependent processes starts simultaneously
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:58:32 +0200

Using monit I found some problems with starting dependent processes.
Starting depandent processes is being done simultaneously (or sequentialy but without waiting for the start script to finish). Searching through monit general list I have found out that it is monit intended characteristic. I want to monitor some processes where both dependiecies and waiting for process start are required. I have to start the next process only in case I know the previous one is up (becouse it takes some time to initialize some processes). Starting/ restarting processes causes a big mess now. Sometimes not knowing why I have even two instances of the same process.

My questions are:
Have anybody ever tried to deal with that problem?
Is it possible to force monit to wait for dependent processes to start as it is during stoping sequence? Mayby some changes in source code is enough?

Is that feature going to be changed in the future?

Thank you for any help,

Stanislaw Trytek