Monit OSX Tiger / Darwin 8

From: Graham, Jonathan
Subject: Monit OSX Tiger / Darwin 8
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:24:07 -0500

I've been attempting to get Monit to run on some Tiger servers here at
the College.  Although most of monit's features are usable under Tiger,
we have to compile with --without-resource to get around some of the API
oddness of Darwin 8.  The thing that's been annoying me is that although
trying to use vmspace to get a processes memory information really is
'broken' turning on -without-resource also appears to kill monitoring of
CPU usage, overall memory and disk space.

Replacing line 174 in process/sysdep_DARWIN.c with

pt[i].mem_kbyte = 0;

appears to get that functionality back.  Of course any per-process
monitoring is meaningless but that's not a big concern for me.

I can probably fix the overall problem, but so-far this gets me where I
need to be.

Hope this helps anyone else,

J.