Re: weird logs showing up

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: weird logs showing up
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:40:39 +0100

On 11. mar. 2006, at 23.14, alex black wrote:

That's the thing: I can't get my webserver to return 302s to me under any other circumstances:

telnet www.myhost.com 80
GET /catalog/list.php HTTP/1.1
HOST: www.myhost.com

returns (as I expect) an html payload from an external machine and the server.

I have no special webserver config for monit, etc. I would expect it to receive the same return as my tenet session. It doesn't.

Could you apply the enclosed patch (copy to monit dir and run, 'patch -p0 < httpdebug.patch' and recompile monit). This patch logs the request sent by monit and the response from the server as monit sees it. To isolate the case, edit your monitrc file and only leave the url test. To make it easier to test you can also run monit from the console and get output to the console by running monit like this, 'monit -I validate'. Anything strange going on?

Not sure what you did to get this response but it looks just like the response monit had problems with. Also note how the Location-header here is bogus (unless you edited this yourself :)

T my.ip.address:80 -> my.ip.address:42354 [AP]
HTTP/1.1 302 Found.