Re: Suggestion: extensions to monit-generated HTML

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Suggestion: extensions to monit-generated HTML
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:05:40 +0100

Bob Williams wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to this list. I've installed Monit 4.7 on a RedHat 9 box I have. I use it to monitor my clients' routers, rather than to monitor the rh9 box. I've got about 20 "check host" directives in my monitrc file. I use the web interface to keep track of who's up and who's down. What I'd like to know is if anyone has extended the HTML generated when you click on a host in the web display. For example, it would be useful to have a link on the host's page that shows just the log entries for that host (e.g., "grep {hostname} monit.log).

This is implemented in the upcoming "m/monit" already (central management system for monit)

It would also be useful to be able to include a "host attributes" file that could have user-generated key/value pairs, e.g., Contact: Joe Blow, Phone: 999-999-9999, etc.

Good suggestion - maybe m/monit is the right place for the implementation of this feature ...

> BTW, Monit is a great utility as it is, I use it every day to keep track
of my clients' networks.

Good to hear that monit is useful for you :)

Thanks,