Re: Having trouble accessing monit via the web server

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Having trouble accessing monit via the web server
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:44:10 +0100

1) Use: set httpd port 2812 and use address localhost
2) Make sure, no firewall block this port

On 13. feb. 2006, at 21.28, Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've recent discovered monit and have been trying to run it on Debian 3.1 (Sarge) with 2.4.x kernel. I have trouble trying to view my server status via the web browser. The following is my current (monitrc) config file at /etc/monit/:

set daemon 120
set httpd port 2812 and
use address <localdomain>

allow localhost
allow 123.45.678.90
allow 123.45.678.910

allow admin:monit
allow glen:yu

The rest of the config, I've left commented out. I've also ran "monit -t" everytime before restarting monit (which gave the OK in terms of syntax), and I've set /etc/default/monit "startup=1".

Thanks in advance.

Glen Yu
Modelling & Integration Research Section
Environment Canada