User defined action on timeout event?

From: Tom O'Brien
Subject: User defined action on timeout event?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:58:24 -0500

Hi all:
What I'd like to be able to do with Monit is insert an "exec" action when a timeout event occurs. This is so I can insert my own alert notification mechanism to tell people to restart the service manually (SNMP in my case).

Something like the following in the control file:
 if 2 restarts within 3 cycles then timeout, exec "some script"

Is this covered by your proposed feature "Action list support and optional service name target" http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#21?

We're currently running monit 4.5.1, and it's doing a great job!
Thanks
Tom.