RE: unmonitoring service

From: Rishikesh Dongre
Subject: RE: unmonitoring service
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:25:51 +0530

Anybody can help me on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden Behalf
Of Rishikesh Dongre
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:49 AM
To: This is the general mailing list for monit
Subject: unmonitoring service

Hi,

I am monitoring a file system. It is executing my command whenever matches the
limit.
Also, I have specified not to monitor after some cycles if continuously being
in matched state.

---<---
check device tmp path /tmp
   if space usage > 90% then exec "/my/command"
   if space usage > 90% for 10 cycles then unmonitored
--->---

But after the specified cycles, it sends "Resource limit matched" email alert
and followed by "Resource limit passed" email alert (which is wrong indication).
Also in monitoring status, it shows monitored.

I expect that while unmonitoring, it should sent alert as mentioning "service
is disabled".

Please suggest how could I effectively control on email alerts?

Thanks,
rishi