How to test threads for a service

From: Jaakko Heusala
Subject: How to test threads for a service
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:16:25 +0200 (EET)

Hi!

How monit could be configured to perform actions when service has too many threads?

My only idea for now would be to use pid testing with exec to change symbolic links on filesystem to /proc/pid/status, so file content testing could be used to check /path/to/link with regex (at least on Linux 2.6.14). I don't really like this hack...

Could there be THREAD-setting (like CHILDREN) at the resource tests?

--
Jaakko H. Heusala