Re: monitoring FIFOs permissions

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monitoring FIFOs permissions
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:59:12 +0100

On 26. des. 2005, at 00.16, Martin Pala wrote:

Example syntax:

  check fifo qmgr-fifo with path /var/spool/postfix/public/qmgr
    if failed permission 622 then alert
    if failed uid postfix then alert
    if failed gid postdrop then alert

If developers will agree, i can add it to the cvs.

Hmm, my initial thought on this is that instead of creating a new specialized file check-service and "duplicate" code, another option is to, during parse-time, issue an error when if-checks that is not supported by the concrete file is used. Since there are many different files on Unix we may end up with lots of new specialized statements if we start. We already have three specialized statements for file; directory, device and file which should suffice IMHO. The end-functionality should be the same and we keep the name-space in the control file small.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255