Re: Monit Checksum - False Alarms

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monit Checksum - False Alarms
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:04:12 +0100

On 25. nov. 2005, at 20.00, Alexander Stolle wrote:

Do you have an idea, why monit bahaves like this? Can it be, that monit wants to read the file while the file is beeing written by cron script?

Statistical this will be a problem once in a while. The chance for it to happen in one hour is about 1/3 I think.

What can we do against the false alarms?

Hmm, make sure that the script writes the /var/log/omsa/vdisk file atomic. That is, write to a temp file first and then use mv /tmp/ vdisk.tmp /var/log/omsa/vdisk. That way the simultaneously read/write problem should go away.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255