Re: Unknown comparison operator

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Unknown comparison operator
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:46:01 +0100

It was bug - thanks for report, it is fixed in cvs now.

Martin

Francisco Reyes wrote:
Trying to implement monit on a second machine. The first install went without problems.

I need to run a script if a file is greater than 5 bytes. Relevant parts of configuration are:
*********
set daemon  300          #Poll time
set logfile /var/log/monit.log
check file mysqlflag with path /data/log/mysql-restart-flag.txt
 if size > 5 B then exec "/root/bin/restart-mysql.sh"
*********

The file becomes greater than 5 bytes and monit doesn't execute the "restart-mysq.sh" program. Looking in the logs I see that monit keeps reporting:
Unknown comparison operator

Is my syntax wrong? monit -t doesn't report any problems and the examples I found for checking file size seem to be in line with that I have in my configuration.