RE: Feature request: UDP generic protocol testing

From: Alex Black
Subject: RE: Feature request: UDP generic protocol testing
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 23:26:18 -0500

> > I have studied this and have one question. Are you sure that send/
> > expect does not work over UDP?
>
> It doesn't seem to be working for me using monit 4.6.  Does
> monit have any debug mode that can send extra info when a
> test fails? In this case, send the result of the send/expect?
> E.g. if it sent me what it got, it would help :)

Ah, I tried monit -v validate and I get: (with values changed to protect
the innocent)

'myhost' succeeded connecting to INET[asteriskhost:5060]
GENERIC: successfully sent: 'OPTIONS sip:address@hidden SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.1
From: <sip:address@hidden>;tag=55a66b
To: sip:host
Call-ID: address@hidden
CSeq: 1 OPTIONS
'
GENERIC: receiving unexpected data [S]
'myhost' failed protocol test [generic] at INET[asteriskhost:5060].

- Alex