Dependencies question

From: Martin Vuille
Subject: Dependencies question
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:57:44 -0500

Hi,

I am experimenting with dependencies to see how I can
use them to meet a customer requirement.

I have the following in my monitrc file:

        check process dummy with pidfile /var/run/dummy.pid
            mode passive

        check process squid with pidfile /var/run/squid.pid
            start program = "/etc/init.d/squid start"
            stop program  = "/etc/init.d/squid stop"
            depends on dummy

On a "monit start all", even when the file /var/run/dummy.pid
doesn't exist, monit still starts squid.

I thought that squid would not be started until dummy was running
(i.e., until the pid file was present.)

What am I missing?

(This is with monit 4.6.)

MV