Re: monit doesn't poll all services at once?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit doesn't poll all services at once?
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:56:45 +0200

On 9. okt. 2005, at 14.07, Joe S. wrote:

Alright here is an example:

*

Mostly all it does is goes down a list with the above, but uhm 50 of the above, all just through network services as you said.

An immediate workaround in your case could be to split the list up and have several monit instances running in parallel (using different monitrc files). Monit does not use much recourses so that shouldn't affect the server monit is running on. In the long run I can see that we need a better polling solution for cases like this. Probably one of the solutions I mentioned before, but this will take time. If you are only monitoring servers over the network you may also want to consider using other types of programs such as http://www.nagios.org/ which probably scale better in that context(?)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255