Re: New user with several major monit problems

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: New user with several major monit problems
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:24:16 +0200

On 9. sep. 2005, at 15.47, Jonathan Wheeler wrote:

it kills EVERYTHING, even the local console session on the machine is kicked out, along with monit itself!

I think you need to submit your monitrc file and HA scripts and other scripts called in each service start/stop command. Its hard to see what is wrong here unless you do that. And clearly something is very wrong.

2nd, and related problem.
Groups don't work.
monit -g weeelookat me start, or monit -g abcdefg -V, give exactly the
same results as monit without -g.

You can only submit one and only one group-name to the -g switch! Try "monit -g groupname start" instead of "monit -g weeelookat me start" the extra 'me' argument is wrong and will cause monit to exit with an error message.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255