A question about how to check for a service when it is running

From: Des Quinn
Subject: A question about how to check for a service when it is running
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:41:35 +0100

Hi,

I have had a look through the mailing list archive and docs but I could not see
something that would do what I want. I am relatively new to monit and am
looking for a check that will alert if a service is running.

There is a print server with an inbuilt DHCP server that I would like to check
to see if the DHCP service is running on his particular ip address.

Is there a way I can check for this.

regards

Des Quinn