Re: Feature Request: check on readonly filesystem

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Feature Request: check on readonly filesystem
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:22:36 +0200

I think it could be possible (it should be sufficient to check just mount flags of the filesystem for change). It will be needed to use statvfs call instead of statfs on some platforms ...

We can add it to the wishlist of other developers will agree

Martin

P.S. upcomming monit version (currently in cvs) supports the regex based content check for files, thus you can use it as native logcheck

Leen Besselink wrote:
Hi,

What I'd like to see is a check if the filesystem is mounted readonly.

When a disk starts to fail, Linux will mount the filesystem readonly, when told
to do that (mount -o rw,errors=remount-ro).

This can be usefull to save the data on the disk, but notification if this
happends would be really nice (a remote syslog + parser would do this ofcourse,
but
+syslog might not always be available).

Maybe it's something monit can also keep an eye on ?

It's just a suggestion, I hope it's usefull.