Re: Port Sensitivity Test too??

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Port Sensitivity Test too??
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:59:08 +0200

I think the count parameter has no sense in port testing. ICMP is kind of special case, because it is unreliable transport protocol much like udp.

Port testing is different at least for tcp based protocols - they are connection oriented and the possible retransmission is managed by kernel automaticaly - there's no need on monit side to send more then one request per cycle.

The general event ratio rules which should provide you the functionality you requested is on the wishlist as mentioned in previous mails. Anybody is welcomed to implement this feature ;)

Martin

M. D. Parker wrote:
I like the ICMP sensitivity COUNT parameter.  Could this be extended to port
testing as well......the ONE probe in causes  many up/down alerts in rapid
succession too (i.e. false alerts really).

M. D. Parker
Systems Administrator
General Atomics / Electromagnetic Systems
+1 858 455 2877
address@hidden