Re: monit unresponsive to status requests?

From: Randy Bias
Subject: Re: monit unresponsive to status requests?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:11:53 -0700

This assumption is true of many of the daemons, I grant you, but not all of them. Specifically nfsd for example, which spawns off multiple instances of itself, but has not parent process. There may be other services that are like this as well. I can probably think of other instances where you might want to do something similar as well if you give me some time. :)

--Randy

Randy Bias        randy-at-netenrich-dot-com
Director of Application Engineering & Support