Mac OS X Dashboard Widget for monit?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Mac OS X Dashboard Widget for monit?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:15:14 +0200

The recent Tiger release of Mac OSX provides a "silly" feature called Dashboard which runs small programs called Widgets. See http:// www.apple.com/macosx/features/dashboard/ for an overview. Although one can argue that Dashboard is mainly eye candy, which it definitively is, it may provide a useful and simplified interface for some applications. Recently, playing around with Dashboard, it hit me that having a monit widget could be quite useful.

As you may or may not know, monit provides status output from its http server which should be easy to put into a cool little Widget. The Widget could even contact several servers running monit and display their status.

I know that most people on this list probably run Linux and Solaris. But besides Rick Robino and me, I guess there must be at least a few others running Mac OS X, who subscribe to this list? So I thought I should test the water and ask if a monit Widget would be interesting for others? Maybe someone already are writing one?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255