Re: Log files monitoring

From: SorinS
Subject: Re: Log files monitoring
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:57:41 +0100

Hi David,
Thanks for your response. Logwatch is what I actually use. I was also looking
at logfmon which has similarities to monit (written in C with a bison rule
engine)...
But wouldn't be nice to have all one needs in monit instead of having to
install other bits and pieces? That can keep the production system software
base to a minimum required (mine is a J2EE based one so perl is an unwanted
add-on).
Cheers,
Sorin