Re: remote monit (or http and multiple expect and http-notify)

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: remote monit (or http and multiple expect and http-notify)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:03:14 +0100

On Feb 13, 2005, at 23:57, Leen Besselink wrote:

Jan-Henrik Haukeland zei:
The intention was initially to make it GPL, but after all the work we
have put into it we will probably try to release it under a "free for
non-commercial use" type of license in the hope that we will get back a
little of what we have invested in it :-) Nothing is written in stone
however and this may change once we do the release sometimes in the
first half of 2005.

If it would've been released to the public earlier, others would have been able to help. ;-)

Well, it was released for about 6 months last year as open source under the GPL and even if we had around 1000 downloads no one offered to help. It is not always so simple as to say that if you release code under a F/OSS license others will help. It is more complicated than that even if the software and idea is good. I think one factor which may make it harder to get help is complexity. Anyway that's water under the bridge.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255