Misleading info

From: Chris Lopeman
Subject: Misleading info
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:15:26 -0600

First of all I wanted to say that monit appears to be a really great product.  I don't have it completely in place yet, but I like most of what I have seen.

I have been using version 4.4.

The command line status command produces misleading information.  I have some processes setup to monitor every 8 cycles.  Yet as each cycle passes monit tells me that it just collected the data on that process.  That can't be true because nothing has updated its status.   For example when I restart the process, it immediately changes to "initializing".  It remains at that status for the next 8 cycles.  But the data collect timestamp is updated 7 times.

Speaking of that new status formats.  It would be nice if there was a command line flag to view that status in a more compressed form, like the old monit.

Thanks,

Chris Lopeman