Re: contignuous alert supression

From: Igor Grabin
Subject: Re: contignuous alert supression
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:42:04 +0200

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:36:52PM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> >check host somehost with address [some address here]
> > if failed port 80 proto http then alert
> >
> >there is a network lag, so I sometimes get false alerts.
> Monit has a default 5 second timeout and you should increase the
> timeout to avoid alerts on network lag. Use for example
> check host somehost with address [some address here]
>  if failed port 80 proto http with timeout 15 seconds then alert
I use 20. that doesn't save me from initial syn being dropped due to
the overloaded outbound link. users don't care, higher-ups too.

> That way every alert mail from monit can be taken seriously, as it
> should :-)
I'm completely sure about my initial question, as I've read the
manual, and have already tried what could be done. See above.

I'm completely sure that I want monit to allow to be configured to
send contignuous alarms.
Current way its alerts only read 'outbound bandwidth exhausted' for
me, as the initial syn couldn't make it through. I don't need monit to
be aware of that.

--
Igor Grabin