Re: contignuous alert supression

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: contignuous alert supression
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:56:47 +0100

You are probably using some older monit version. Since release 4.3 is monit able to handle error and recovery events and sends just one alert for given case.

The event-ratio dependent rules are planned - see here: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#20

Any code contributions are welcomed,
if you want to give it a stab :)

Martin

Igor Grabin wrote:
G'day,

is there a way to turn off this feature?
(yes I am sure I want monit to be screaming all the time the service
is down)

to be more precise, I am using monit to monitor remote hosts like:

check host somehost with address [some address here]
 if failed port 80 proto http then alert

there is a network lag, so I sometimes get false alerts. but once I
get a couple in a row - I'll know I'm in trouble.

on the other hand, is there a possibility to create a rule for raising
an alert only after two/three contignuous connection failures?