RE: Group support question

From: Terry Fung
Subject: RE: Group support question
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:06:55 +0800

monit –g xxxx start all

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 5:48 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: Group support question

Hi,

I am having trouble getting group support to work.  I have defined groups in my .monitrc file, but when I issue the monit -g "group name" start|stop|restart command it fails with the below error message.  I will include my .monitrc file as well.  Any suggestions as to how this really works would be great.

monit: invalid argument -- stop  (-h will show valid arguments)

#
# monit control file
#

set daemon 20 # Poll at 20 second intervals
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set alert address@hidden
set httpd port 2813
    allow sybase:sybase # Allow Basic Auth

check process xyz4 with pidfile /tmp/xyz4.pid
        GROUP test
        start = "/home/edbmgr/xyz4 start"
        stop  = "/home/edbmgr/xyz4 stop"

Thanks,

Kerry

Kerry Bassett
Software Systems Engineer
Engineering Analysis Team
Fairchild Semiconductor
Phone (207)761-3413

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
fix one bug, compile it again...
101 little bugs in the code....