RE: Performing an action only after X failures

From: Terry Fung
Subject: RE: Performing an action only after X failures
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:50:44 +0800

+2

That is the function the monit left.

I am setting up HA LDAP using heartbeat + monit. I have an idea that using
monit to monitor 389. If fail then restart the ldap (for the case, slapd
crash or too many connection). Then, if fail(e.g. backend db crash....) to
restart  3 times within 5 cycle then execute my script to force heartbeat to
release the ip to slave, run self-healing script to save itself.......

Hope I will see this function in next version of monit.