Re: Negation

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Negation
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:25:56 +0100

Full syntax of testing rule is:

The second part is optional and if omited, monit will just send alert in the case of state change (i.e. "failed -> success"). It could be possible to use that for what you asked for, for example:

 if failed host www2.foo.bar port 80 protocol http then alert
 else if recovered then exec "/my/script"

Martin

Kaspar Landsberg wrote:
Hello again,

is there any way to use "negated" service checks? I'd like monit to perform some action if a given service is *succeeding* instead of failing.

Something like:

if succeeded port 80 ...
or
if not failed port 80 ...

That way one could ensure that a possible backup service on a remote
machine is not running concurrently with the primary service on the local machine.

Like "if service X is running on the local *and* remote machine at the same time, do <something>" (e.g. stop the remote service).

At least a simple negation like "if succeeded" or "if not failed" should be rather easy to implement I suppose.

Regards,
Kaspar