Re: Monit 4.4 - Apache Connection Failed

From: Martin Kloss
Subject: Re: Monit 4.4 - Apache Connection Failed
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:54:15 +0100

At 20:39 14.12.2004, Martin Pala wrote:
Can you run monit in debug mode (-v option) and send us output?

Hi Martin,

thanks for the reply, I just found the problem. It seems monit can't connect
to the apache on localhost without providing a specific hostname to connect to.
The weird thing is that there is a forbidden 403 error when just connecting to
port 80, but when providing a hostname it works. I wanted to avoid that, so
that I would not have to change the config file when the hostnames of the
virtualhosts change or the ip address changes, but I guess I can live with that :-)

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Skype me 24/7: callto://martinkloss

Like the author? Buy the book: