Monit and WAP

From: David Fletcher
Subject: Monit and WAP
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:51:23 +0000

Hi,

Has anyone thought about developing a WAP status page with the same status
information available that is currently available on the HTML status page?

I searched the mail archives and didn't find anything.

My phone does WAP, and it seems a nice way to check servers when away from
any computer & internet connection.

Is WAP too out of date? I wonder if it will be forgotten about once
everyones phone does normal HTML web browsing. I was thinking about using
a text message, but the costs are much higher than with WAP.

I will probably write something in the next week or so. I'm mostly
interested in status information, so I don't think I will bother with
service start/stop buttons.  If it's useful I'll post more information
about it & the code.

David.

Email: address@hidden